About the Veteran and Vintage Motor Cycle Club of South Australia
A summary of what the Club has to offer can be found in our welcoming message.
- The Veteran and Vintage Motor Cycle Club of South Australia was formed in 1956, one of the first clubs of its kind in Australia. Take a look at the minutes of the inaugural meeting.
- Veteran, Vintage and Classic machines manufactured prior to January 1, 1966 are eligible for Club Events
- Membership is open to all, and owning a suitable machine is not a pre-requisite for membership
- The Club has a strong family orientation and features many social activities as well as runs and technical help
- The Club meets on the second Tuesday of each month at the Payneham RSL Club, 360 Payneham Rd, Payneham. Meetings start at 8 PM, and often feature a guest speaker. All welcome.
- The Club Committee meets monthly, usually in the week prior to the general meeting.
- Annual fees (currently $35) are due by June 30 each year. A joining fee of $15 is payable by new members.
- Older machines are eligible for Historic Registration, which enables them to be used for up to 90 days during a calendar year. Please read more about the details of the Historic Registration scheme, which requires you to be a member of an eligible club such as ours. Further enquiries to the Machine Registrar.
- The Club has a Third Party Property insurance scheme that covers financial members participating in Club events. To be covered under this policy, you must lodge any entry form for each event with the Club Captain.
- The Club has an extensive library that can be accessed at monthly meetings. Out of town members with specific needs can contact the Librarian.
- Our monthly newsletter Smoke Signal is distributed free to members at meetings, and is mailed to out of town members. For a small additional charge, any member can have the Smoke Signal mailed to there home address.
Last updated 9 September 2008